Monday, November 30, 2009

Working Girl: Day 1

Ah, work.  That is something I haven't done in many many months.  Until today, that is.  I landed myself a receptionist job at a company that films and produces food commercials.  It's a pretty neat place.  Today was kind of overwhelming.  I was loaded with a ton of information and I feel like I only retained about 5% of it, if that.  The people I met were all nice though.  Most of them seem pretty spunky, so that'll be entertaining I think.  I have my own desk!  And my own Mac!  And my own walkie talkie!  I also get to listen to music at my desk.  Yay for Pandora.  I had to get a new AIM screen name so that I could talk with my fellow coworkers on iChat.  I also got a free lunch today.  Apparently sometimes the owners feel like everyone is working hard so they let us order lunch on the company.  I love perks.

I still don't have internet in my apartment.  I miss it, but not as much as I thought I would.  I just go to bed a lot earlier.  I also get over 30 TV channels without cable.  Probably 5 or 6 of them are in Spanish... but maybe I'll hone up on my skills so that I can enjoy some Spanish TV.  

More updates to come!

1 comment:

SingingRNtoBe said...

Big city life sounds awesome!