Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Note About Whole Foods

No one knows what they're doing in Whole Foods.  I don't mean the workers, I mean the customers.  I observed this yesterday while eating my turkey sandwich from the upper mezzanine level at the largest Whole Foods I have ever been in.  I had a great view of the Fresh Kitchen Sides, Sushi To-Go, and something else where they make Japanese food for you as you wait.  Really, people just walk around looking confused.  They'll stand in front of a display for awhile, debating what food to buy, and debating whether they really need 6 rolls of sushi for $7.39.  The Kitchen Sides were rather indistinguishable from above.  All I could see were bins full of differing colors and textures.  I'm pretty sure even if these food items were at eye level, I still wouldn't be able to tell what they were.  Several people walked around this display, eyeing a few bins slowly, and then moved on.  It made me feel better that everyone else seemed rather confused at this shopping experience.  I know that when I'm on the ground floor I wander around slowly, eyeing the rather high prices on tiny digital displays for each item.  So thank you, fellow Whole Foods shoppers, for being just as confused as I am.

No comments: