Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Plugged In

Maybe all of my time "doing nothing" on Facebook and reading blogs and being in-tune with on-line means of communication may have not been entirely a waste of time.  I met with the owner of a production studio in St. Louis today to discuss places to look to gain some experience in the media industry.  I was nervous before I got there, but once I walked in the door my nerves just kind of went away.  Everyone was really laid back and friendly and seemed to be enjoying what they were doing.  I took that as a good sign.  Mr. U and I sat down and he gave me some good ideas as to where to look; most were places I never would have thought of.  Then we got to talking about social media and how the market seems to be trending that way.  He then got to saying that their studio didn't really have an on-line presence besides their website (this is when a light bulb seemed to go off in both of our heads).  I told him that I had experience with social networks on-line and he said that if I wanted, I could write up a proposal for getting their studio on Facebook, Twitter, etc.  If all went well, I could possibly have an internship-type gig with them.  Woot!  Yay for being proactive about my career.  It's refreshing. :)

3 comments:

Erin Lee said...

now that i am reading this on your blog, it seems like a really, really, good idea.

SingingRNtoBe said...

omg omg omg omg...that is awesome! I hope there's more to come!

Freegg said...

Oh wow! So now we just need to find a way to fit taking naps into a marketing strategy or business proposal and we are set!