Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The first says a lot

I realize that there are probably more blogs posted on the internet than there are eyes to read them, but I decided to hop on the bandwagon.  Try everything once, right?  Well, maybe not.  

I dropped my cell phone a couple days ago.  I've dropped my phone a couple dozen times in the last 2 1/2 years and nothing has happened to it.  Scratches, sure, but nothing too monumental.  So I was sitting on the couch, sick and dazed, and reached over to grab my cell phone from the arm of the couch, but instead I whacked the thing right off the couch and onto the hardwood floor.  I reached over and picked it up and tried to open it up, and then I realized that I chipped off about 3 pieces of my phone from this one drop!  So I opened my phone all the way and it closed on me.  Just like that.  Bam-close.  I tried to open it again and realized that if I help my phone at just the right angle, it would stay open.  Otherwise, I would have to hold it open.  I also broke off the little light cover that shielded my eyes from the bright green or red light that flashed when charging.  It must have fallen under the couch.

Maybe it's like life.  You get a little beat up, emotionally that is, and it doesn't hurt too much.  Then one day, you can't take it anymore and you explode at the smallest criticism.  I've come to realize that you sound smart if you compare everything to life.  Indubitably.

No comments: