Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bar Thoughts

I think I get it now. I understand why people enjoy going to bars. It dawned on me yesterday while I was at a coffee shop and saw 4 cute boys that I was attracted to, but I didn't know what to say to them because it's "creepy" talking to someone randomly who you don't know, UNLESS! you are somewhere where it is socially acceptable to do just this (usually at night, usually with alcohol). Most of the time, this place is a bar. It's unfortunate because I feel like strangers want to talk to each other. We can tell this from looking at social interaction in bars/clubs. People talk to strangers all the time in these settings and think nothing of it. It's a shame that we can't do the same thing at a coffee shop mid-day, or at the grocery store after work. Sure, it happens, but it's a lot more rare and a lot more difficult. I need to find a really well lit bar. I wonder if this exists in Chicago. This will be my next quest.

No comments: